Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Birthday Ambush

(dedicated to Jessica Judd)
If I were to name a time that I enjoyed an ambush, it would definitely be today. I was surprisely awakened by my mom this morning. It's funny she woke me up since it's summer vacation and she knows how testy I get when people disturb my sleep. It was around 10 in the morning when I felt someone shaking me by my leg. I opened my eyes and there she was; my mother with a very happy look on her face. From what I can understand she said "blah blah wake up! ....she's outside" in this cheery-excited voice. All I remember is that I shot up from bed and briskly walked to the living room, which is incredible in itself because I usually take at least a half an hour to realize I am awake and I do need to get up. That being said I remember walking towards a slender frame in a lime green shirt that looks like a lot like Jessica (I wasn't wearing my glasses and I'm blind as a mouse without it hahaha). I heard Jess say "Surprise!" As I inched closer she brought her hands near her mouth and poof! Confetti was everywhere and she said "Happy Birthday Carmelle!" all cute and lovingly. We hugged and I was thoroughly touched!

At that moment I knew a couple of things to be true: it's definitely Jess in front of me, there is confetti in my mouth , and it's my birthday. Then 10 seconds later it dawned to me that I was braless, probably looking quite disgusting, and hello morning breath! HAHAHA Oh geez anywaaay (I don't look too bad in the morning...I hope). After the shock subsided, my mom quickly moved us to the dinning table to have cake. I blew a candle and ate a very delicious Black Forrest cake with my darling Jessica! I was still trying to gather my thoughts when my mom requested that she documented the occasion. Despite my objections to be photographed looking so hideous--- of course the mother wins and Jessica being the graceous girl that she is, (who btw looks even more beauitful without makeup) agreed! We laughed at my reaction and she pointed out that I looked ridiculous with all the confetti stuck on my forehead and chest! Eventually I had to open my gift because she had to leave for a church event. I walked her to the driveway and we parted ways...until she returns in three days :) Oh man I absolutely love that girl. I must admit that I did not expect that at all. I mean if I knew...I'd be wearing a bra right now.



Notice: Jess's scheming expression


Yes my mom even made us cheesily reenact it...

Several hours ago I went to bed and I thanked God for all the blessings He has given me. I have a great family, wonderful friends, a roof over my head, a pillow under it, and God-willing another year ahead of me! Now I will add onto my list: I especially thank God for giving me such an amazing friend like Jessica Judd! 4 years and counting!



I love you!

-elle
aww confetti in the dust-pan
Abi didn't do a very good job of sweeping haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment